• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root s-off problem

pmstoc

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Hi, After a lot of reading through this forum and the xda forum I finally decided to use Alpharev 1.8 through VM Ware.

It got stuck at stage 3 and I left it for 1 hour. I then removed the battery and turned on with power down. I read a post that said to reboot, however this has taken me to a FASTBOOT menu screen with BOOTLOADER, REBOOT, REBOOT BOOTLOADER and POWER DOWN.

Can anyone tell me what to do next? I'm hoping that i can get back at least to the Recovery to restore.

Paul
Bravo PVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001

- managed to get back into recovery by vol. down + power.

- went to nandroid back up, backed up and rebooted, then got stuck in a boot loop.

- tried adb reboot bootloader, got a message adb not found?

- flashed rom and rebooted, phone software came back on ok! But still s-off. I'm relieved but a little disappointed that the s-off process didn't work. Not sure what went wrong? Any input welcome.

Upvote 0
just saying we here recommend flashing teppic74's rooted stock for s-off as "leedroied" is ambiguous and some dont work. Dont mess with the clan dean ;)

true, I always forget bout teppic's ROM (don't ban me :p) as I always used Leedroid sense...though now its a lil more than it was, its like a mix of old and new sense now...don't like it..

Upvote 0
Never used it. Last sense rom I used was MoDaCo 3.2.

No one ever talks about modaco anymore, yet still one of the biggest enablers in the industry.

I remember Modaco from when I had a nokia 5800 and was toying with getting the ZTE Blade and he could root and flash it then, paul actually is from where I am lol...

never did get that blade...oh well lol

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses. I flashed teppic74's rooted stock successfully.

After running the Alpharev 1.8 software through the VM ware player it got through to Step 3 with the following script:

/home/tc/alpharev.sh: line 331: [: -eq: unary operator expected

this was repeated four times for lines 343, 353, 361 and 366 with a tc@box:~$ prompt underneath.

Does this mean anything?

The s-off process was unsuccessful.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0
I have got s-off through revolutionary!

I have done the fastboot flash recovery c/"file name.img which gave the responses sending 'recovery' and writing 'recovery' OKAY finished.

However I attempted to get to recovery from the fastboot screen vol down and power only to have the phone reboot. Everything is ok, except I can't seem to get to the recovery screen anymore? Vol down+power and return+power just boot the rom.

Upvote 0
I have got s-off through revolutionary!

I have done the fastboot flash recovery c/"file name.img which gave the responses sending 'recovery' and writing 'recovery' OKAY finished.

However I attempted to get to recovery from the fastboot screen vol down and power only to have the phone reboot. Everything is ok, except I can't seem to get to the recovery screen anymore? Vol down+power and return+power just boot the rom.

There is a function in newer sense ROMs which enables quicker start ups. Essentially the phone doesn't shut down fully. You can disable this in settings but I can't remember how.

The easiest way to get into recovery is to pull the battery out then power + vol down.

Reactions: pmstoc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones