• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF question.

sami055

Mar 29, 2011
So I'm going to be getting this phone in the next few days, and I was wondering will any insulated wire work for this wire trick. My cousin has this phone and I tried it using a wire taken from one of my sisters projects. It carried current between a light bulb or power switch. I thought it would work but nothing happened besides corrupting his sdcard a couple times. I wanna do thus when I get mine and was wondering if anyone could help.

So I'm going to be getting this phone in the next few days, and I was wondering will any insulated wire work for this wire trick. My cousin has this phone and I tried it using a wire taken from one of my sisters projects. It carried current between a light bulb or power switch. I thought it would work but nothing happened besides corrupting his sdcard a couple times. I wanna do thus when I get mine and was wondering if anyone could help.

any wire should work... i used a simple paper clip

Upvote 0
Would this work. I stripped an ethernet cable and took this out.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357249317503.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357249317503.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 0
Its your timing. If you're getting a still sober message, try little bit less time between taps. Example: Instead of 1.5 seconds, try 1.25 seconds.

Also, if you run into problems, or feel like taking a break, look at the unlimited.io site for how to restore your card. Should be something like ControlBear -r I think...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones