• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root, & Fix Everything All-in-One!

help i tried it again got to almost s-off and got error code 66732667 restarted control bear got the error again and again somehow my computer got unplugged i didnt notice and died then got this message hmmmm still no device check device manager adb fastboot drivers red light wont come on was on newest ota with the 2.98 vmrom please dont tell me i bricked it again

Upvote 0
Try a battery pull. When it happened to me I left it overnight and it still did nothing in the morning. After a battery pull it was responsive again.

Actually pull the battery and without the battery in hold the power button for about 20 seconds then put the battery back in and try turning the phone on.

This. Same as computers. Basically, it can store too much power and not turn on. Holding power discharges any built up electricity and usually works well.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
unfortunately,not much to add. the thread brian linked is your best bet,but without an ruu to run afterward,recovery may be tricky.

if you can get a working bootloader back,i woult try:
-unlock bootloader
-install recovery
-flash main version low zip
-flash the pre-ota ruu(uses same hboot,correct?)

the other option would be to have it professionaly repaired. mobile tech video offers jtag services for most qualcom powered devices: HTC Phones - HTC EVO 3D - MobileTechVideos.COM

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
A bit confused as to where to start. Right now I'm S-ON, have both OTA updates & am rooted.
As far as I know I cannot run the RUU because of the OTA updates, am I still able to get S-OFF?
Yes, go ahead & start at step one. If you're not on the stock ROM, go ahead and switch to Harmonia for the purposes of this guide before you begin, just to be safe.

Upvote 0
ok neeed help asap !!!

during the s off process my device turn of and didnt turn on till yesterday afternoon ive finish the s off and all the step in the guide and flash mobster rom hd , also flash buttertoast kernel and left it charging after walking the device wouldnt turn on or charge and when connected to my windows pc it gives me or reads qhsusb_dload , so what can i do what does it mean

device info
rooted
s off
juntobear hboot
mobster rom hd with buttertoast kernel

Upvote 0
There is only one ruu and if you are s-off you can run it no matter what. If s-on you can't run if you are upgraded to hboot 1.58.

Just to add a question to the ruu.... I am s-off ... can I run ruu ? Or do I need to flash the mainversion thing first and lock it ? My wifes phone is acting wonky and bootlooping and wont boot after flashing new roms.

Cqn I follow this guide and skip the s-off wire trick part? Thanks all.

Upvote 0
Just to add a question to the ruu.... I am s-off ... can I run ruu ? Or do I need to flash the mainversion thing first and lock it ? My wifes phone is acting wonky and bootlooping and wont boot after flashing new roms.

Cqn I follow this guide and skip the s-off wire trick part? Thanks all.

No issues with main version. S-off means no security checks ;) You can run the ruu. Not sure exactly what you need the guide for if you are s-off?

You just need custom recovery (preferably 4ext) and flash away. Just make sure whatever rom you are flashing is compatible with your hboot.

If you are trying to Flash a jellybean rom, you need hboot 1.5 or below.

Upvote 0
No issues with main version. S-off means no security checks ;) You can run the ruu. Not sure exactly what you need the guide for if you are s-off?

You just need custom recovery (preferably 4ext) and flash away. Just make sure whatever rom you are flashing is compatible with your hboot.

If you are trying to Flash a jellybean rom, you need hboot 1.5 or below.

I guess I got kinda confused as to what I needed to do. Thats awesome news I can just run the ruu. I thought so much more would be needed, like following this guide to get back root and a recovery. Thank you for the help.

Upvote 0
I guess I got kinda confused as to what I needed to do. Thats awesome news I can just run the ruu. I thought so much more would be needed, like following this guide to get back root and a recovery. Thank you for the help.

Well in a sense yes. The ruu will return you to stock and unrooted. It won't remove s-off though. The easiest way to root after the ruu is to flash recovery through the bootloader then flash a rom.

http://db.tt/9VEkAHRe

Rename to PG86IMG.zip place on root of SD card. Reboot into bootloader and when asked to update say yes with volume up. That will flash recovery. Then boot into recovery and flash a rom.

Remove or rename the PG86IMG.zip after booting up. It will prevent you from accessing recovery in an emergency.

Reactions: Poweredge99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones