1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S-OFF + root with flashing method

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dotuletz2, Aug 2, 2011.

1. highpowerm

highpowerm Lurker

thanks man, you are the best

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Aghashirin

Aghashirin Lurker

hi
    i have a HTC wildfire 1.10.0002 i did step1 and also goldcard but in step2 after intering and after (INFOsignature checking....) the prompt disappear and i tried sevral time. i need help

tanks,

3. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

Could you provide a printscreen please, if you can.
    Have you restarted your PC?
    Is your device on charge mode?
    Have you downloaded the same program again and tried it.
    Are you sure all previous steps have been successfully completed?

4. JacksonPa

JacksonPa Lurker

does this not work with a branded vodafone htc wildfire??

doesnt seem to be working for me

5. ChryzaorFlux

This method works regardless of which carrier your Wildfire is assigned to, are you sure you followed all the steps in order and correctly

6. smartkiddy18

smartkiddy18 Lurker

I too have the same issue. I had downloaded the same files that were mentioned and tried doing the H BOOT downgrade. Step 1 and Goldcard part is done successfully. But somehow, step 2 doesnt seem to work. When i try to execute, it just runs and disappears. I tried to look at it and it seems to mention "adb" as unrecognized command. I will upload the exact error screen shot soon.

7. ChryzaorFlux

Have you got the appropriate android driver to use it?
    Check out the video in my previous post and see if it helps

8. smartkiddy18

smartkiddy18 Lurker

Please find below the screen shots i managed to take while executing the various steps. Kindly have a look over them.. Also, can u pls mention the link to your post / youtube video?!?!

Attached Files:

9. ChryzaorFlux

Ah sorry dude, i was commenting on a post where the person had the same problem and i thought i was commenting for that thread

Anyways...

Thanks alot dude that really helps me, ive decided to dedicate this post to solutions to problems people might occur, have you installed android sdk????
    Here is a link that might help LINK HERE, video in my post aswell

SOLVED PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED WHILE ROOTING

1) ADB is not recognised as an internal or external command
    (For smartkiddy18)The link is here:
    How to install Android ADB/USB Drivers - YouTube

1) Follow the link here to install ADB (I cant explain it in detail because i cant remember the exact file your need from sdk and the location to put them in in your pc) - Try to continue your rooting if this works then the next step is unnecessary
    2) Follow the video

2) unrEVOked - Is your firmware too new?

Basically you are running Froyo (Android 2.1/2.21), but you should have downgraded to Eclair (Android 2.1) - Use the RUU, when you have followed the previous steps to downgrade your ROM, make sure your leave your device alone and in a safe place where the cable wont be pulled from your device

3) Validation error, backup CID is missing

You might be using unrEVOked version 3.32, which always displays that error for Wildfire for some reason, just download unrEVOked version 3.2 and that should work

10. joday999

joday999 Lurker

hiya, after i run revolutionary it just says waiting for device, iv enabled debugging have it in charge mode and even restarted my phone and p.c, but its just saying the same, help please? :)

11. ChryzaorFlux

1) Have you successfully created a goldcard?
    2) Have you installed the necessary drivers?
    Use this for a quick method to get adb/drivers running use the video in my previous post
    OR
    >Here< - This is a link to install android SDK and drivers
    3) Is HTC Sync uninstalled?

12. Staplr

Staplr Lurker

I've followed the steps to downgrade. It also said that I sucessfully turned into a goldcard. From 2.2.1 to 2.1update1. However now I'm in HBOOT 1.02.0000. I've been trying countless times. Please help.

13. ChryzaorFlux

14. Urdesigner

Urdesigner Lurker

15. ChryzaorFlux

Depends on yourself, dont worry about timing just take as much time as you need to, your more likely to not make mistakes

16. maverick071

maverick071 Lurker

I done the procedure uptil alpha thing where i got hboot as 6.01.002 with the bold header as revolutionary s-off. then i did the step 2 of the rooting procedure ,which installed the Ruu n ruined the touch. even if i use the RUU_H3G 1.16... from the ship rom.. it won start the touch. what am i suppose to do now.

17. Sahil Kataria

Sahil Kataria Lurker

HI,

guys please help me in this i have downloaded this "Download the RUU rom (here)" but it is given me some below given error. can you please check and help me in this.. i m really stuck with this..

>setupNew\Setup.cpp (140)
    PAPP:
    Pvendor:
    PGUID:
    $
    @Windows Vista Service Pack1 (7601)
    I Version:8.0.76.1.17514

18. ChryzaorFlux

My sincere apologies havnt been on Android Forums in ages, slightly lost interest in Android due to the demands of a more stressful life :l

Check out this link
    http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...e-help-none-conventional-methods-working.html

Thats weird i just tried it and it worked perfectly, have you tried it again?

19. AnthonyM97

AnthonyM97 Lurker

Hey, I'm having trouble my HBOOT is on 1.01.0000 and I can't figure out how to get it to 1.01.0001 can anyone help me?

20. balaz

balaz Lurker

Hey ..Thanks Guys ... Its works for me and whoever trying to do .. just read all the instruction and download software they are providing ... before starting to root... :)

And user who just rooting an Indian mobile use this
    RUU_Buzz_hTC_Asia_India_1.25.720.1_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.31_release_142213_signed_2.exe

21. radexito

radexito Lurker

I tried this and got stuck on:
    well... i have tried all the RUU's from that site(I am crazy) and some of em will not install while others will not work(touchscreen is not working but hboot detects)

I just got the phone and was originally trying to root it to be able to move apps to external sd(screaming that low on space even though i used app2sd)

What should i try next?
    Thanks

ps. I am trying to get a hold of a microsd card reader so i can not write to sd atm ;/
    ps2. hboot looks like:
    Code (Text):
    1. -Revolutionary-
    2. BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
    3. HBOOT-6.01.1002
    4. MICROP-0622
    5. TOUCH PANEL-SYN3KY_01
    6. RADIO-3.35.15.31

22. firefox834

firefox834 Lurker

The above steps is how to downgrade your HBoot to 1.01.0001 (only do this if you have HBoot 1.01.0002)
    To find out your HBoot version: On your Wildfire follow these steps
    [Turn of your phone]>Hold volume/power button at the same time

When I do this I go into the normal phone options ie "power off", "silent mode" etc

23. fabgav

fabgav Lurker

Hi, 1'st of all, great guide its been very helpful thus far.
    However I am having a few problems with Unrevoked.
    I have downloaded and ran 3.21 and my wildfire is s-off and 1.01.0001
    Unrev. runs all the way then reboots into normal andriod mode but states :internal error - couldn;t find misc.

Any ideas?

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews