1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S-off while in the fastboot menu

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Samueli, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Samueli

Samueli Lurker

Hi,
    Is there a way to s-off a HTC one M8 device while in the fastboot usb.
    I was trying to flash the device but ended up stacking at the logo. I decided to fastboot flash recovery and then fastboot boot. This resulted in a situation where if I reboot the phone, it displays the HTC logo and then goes back to the fastboot menu. I want to s-off so that I can flash everything because I tend to think I loaded a boot.img which is incompatible with the soft.

*** UNLOCKED***
    M8_UL_CA PVT SHIP S_ON
    HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
    RADIO-1.2.214500021.12G
    OS-6.12.401.4

Advertisement

2. Samueli

Samueli Lurker

The device won't power off. When I power of it still goes back to the fastboot mode

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Been a few years since I did this type of thing with an HTC, and never with an M8, so I don't know the S-Off tools for that (which sometimes depend on the firmware version anyway).

Can you get into recovery? If not that might mean you flashed the wrong recovery rather than the wrong boot.img (why were you flashing that anyway? Was this a magisk install?). Conversely if you can get into recovery you can use that to flash a new ROM (use a computer to copy on to the SD card or use adb while in the recovery).

If youscan't get into recovery the simplest option might be to relock the bootloader then flash an ruu. S-Off will let you flash ruu for a different cid or an older firmware version, but it will also let you flash one from an incompatible M8 version so you need to take care if you go that way.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews