• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
Cannot boot what? If you're attempting to use fastboot I'm assuming you're able to access hboot?

If so, download this: http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/bui...and-2.15.10.07.07-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip

Rename it to PB31IMG.zip and place it on your SD card, then boot into hboot by holding volume down + power and it should ask you to install.

ive tried everything i could...i do google:D s-on is preventing me from flashing anything except that pb31img and i can run the ruu on pc. doesnt work for me. so before i can do anything else i need s-off. is there anyway to get s-off using only fastboot?

Upvote 0
ive tried everything i could...i do google:D s-on is preventing me from flashing anything except that pb31img and i can run the ruu on pc. doesnt work for me. so before i can do anything else i need s-off. is there anyway to get s-off using only fastboot?

If you can run that file or the ruu then you can return to froyo stock. If you can return to froyo stock then you can get s-off via unrevoked.

Upvote 0
So Strive, you say you can't boot at all? What were you running before all this happened and were you flashing something at the time you lost the ability to boot? Need the full story, start from the top.

ok i was playing with my nv items and my battery came out.tried to reboot but looped at htc incredible screen.i was rooted before messing with things so i tried to go into recovery.it wouldnt let me and i have s-on all of a sudden.i have found a potential fix that involves flashing .77 hboot so i can run a .bat file...problem is im s-on and cant flash anything except the above stated pb31img or ruu which doesnt fix my loop.

Upvote 0
Problem is if you flashed the above file (GB) and it took, you're done with s-off. You can't get it back now including the ENG bootloader thing, it won't work without having root in the first place.

What I would try is a factory reset from hboot, followed by TRYING to flash the 2.2 PB31IMG from the bootloader. If you get the "main version older" fail, you know your phone was flashed to GB. Does the file appear to load entirely when the progress bar is showing up in the bootloader? Does it complete, then give you the option to reboot? If so, it's troubling. If you're bootlooping with a stock system image, there are no options left that I can come up with right offhand other than to verify MD5 if you haven't already and try a different file if it doesn't match.

Reactions: strive53
Upvote 0
Yeah with s-on and no boot, you're pretty much toast. If it's any consolation though, I'm not sure you could fix it even with s-off. Frankly, the stock image should boot you every time. The only caveat I can add to that is the 2.3.4 system images have been acting funky and do not appear to be wiping the phone as usual. So if you got into a no man's land situation during an initial load, I could maybe see where subsequent loads may fail since it may not be fully wiping all partitions and possibly causing an error that could affect boot. Idk I'm spitballing there but I've been concerned about the new RUU ever since finding out some oddities over the last couple days. If that were the case, perhaps the next future RUU would load, if there is in fact a partition issue that exists and if it's fixed.

Any chance you could have a bad battery? Maybe it's a power issue at startup that causes the constant fail? Idk, just trying to grab straws.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones