• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S-Pen - having great trouble

PRSS

Jul 23, 2013
Hello everybody

I am new to this forum and also new to Galaxyy Note 2. I bought this Note 2 for serious use of the S-Pen apps
and to take up note-taking seriously with handwriting mode.

The problem I am having is that When I rest my palm to write, the palm touches the "back" button accidentally -
and this happens several times - and I have to again get back to my notes by opening it again. I can't position my
palm in such a way that it does not touch the "back" button. If I moved my palm then it touches the "menu" button
and that pops up.

I write the notes with the device in the upright - i.e. vertical screen mode. If I made it horizontal it is fine but
since I see only a few lines I don't wish to keep it horizontal. That rules out one possibility.

The note 2 screen does not roll upside down as is the case with iPad3 ( in which the screen rolls upside down also).
If it rolled upside down, my problem would not be there as the palm would not touch anything.

How do I resolve my problem. Once again I re-iterate that I bought this Note 2 for serious usage in note-taking.

Please help. Thanks in advance
PRSS

I use Ultimate Rotation Control. It is a paid app though, but has a lot of options and customization (the link provided is for the 7 day trial and full app if you decide to get the license). There are other screen rotation apps in Google Play that are free. Maybe one of them will be better suited for you.

Basically these apps can force rotate the orientation of the screen. So you can have it on reverse portrait mode when you use S Note or any note taking app.

Reactions: MISS DIVA
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones