1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S-Pen is too sensitive?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marvelllous, Aug 16, 2012.

1. marvelllous

marvelllous Lurker

I recently bought Samsung Galaxy Note. I find its stylus too sensitive. It works even when it's not touching the screen. (even when it hovers above the screen, about 5 millimetres above). Is this normal for all Galaxy Notes?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kaidon

kaidon Lurker

Yes, this is normal, even with your finger; because the screen is a capactive touch screen.

So, it's the electrical field generated by the pen / your finger that causes interaction - not physical contact.

This may feel sensitive when close, but it also means that some programs (like Zen Brush) can use the distance and variable pressure of the pen to respond to different force or pushing.

If you find you are clicking things with the pen way too often without touching... then it does sound like it's a little too sensitive.

3. banko

banko Newbie

in the pen settings see if the hovering pen icon is ticked or not,
    the pen is less sensitive with this box being unticked

4. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

Another benefit to this feature is when using the drop down menu's on certain websites. When on a touch-screen device, you can often have trouble getting a drop down menu to display (i.e. if the site is not designed for mobile use). The menu will register a click on touch rather than a hover action, often leading to a new page loading as opposed to the menu displaying.

The menu at the top of this page (Home, Carriers, Phones etc.) is a good example of this. On a PC/MAC If you hover over the word 'Phones' for example, you will be presented with a drop down menu. Now, click the word 'Phones' as opposed to just hovering over it, and you will be taken to a new page. The same will happen on your GNote if you're viewing this page in 'Desktop' view and you use your finger to touch the 'Phones' Menu heading. You'll see the menu for a second but can't use it as you'll just be taken straight to the new page.

Now try hovering over the word 'Phones' with the S-Pen (like you said, about 3-5mm away from the screen).

Hey look, hover functionality on a phone! Nice :) .

5. angino6495

angino6495 Lurker

I have the same problem and got mine resolved by following the instructions here:
    "abhijatsaraswat.com/2012/11/solved-galaxy-note-2-s-pen-sensitivity-problem/"

pls add www

Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews