1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S Pen issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PsychoRez, Dec 23, 2012.

1. PsychoRez

PsychoRez Lurker

First of all, Hello everybody!

There is something that's really bothering me about the s pen! When i first got the device i was able to control things by just HOVERING the s pen over the screen! I'm not talking about the airview and the pointer option. I could literally control the screen from half an inch away (maybe less)

The issue here is, now i can't! Now i have to touch the screen with the s pen if i want to do anything. Its so damn frustrating that i can't switch back to the first mode that was much cooler. Assistance on the matter would be highly appreciated!

I spent the last three days trying to figure this out. I went on google and youtube and found nothing. It's like this feature doesn't even exist!

EDIT* This is regarding the note 2 btw!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dieben

Dieben Android Enthusiast

Attached Files:

3. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Member

It is my understanding that you should have to touch the screen to control everything. My Spen on my Note 2 controlled everything while being inches from the phone and Tmo swapped or the entire phone telling me the Spen was defective. It was nearly impossible to use, when I would attempt to hover it would just open the file, it would open apps if I was just over the icon, it would cause Web pages to scroll and forget using the pen to write. It was a scribbled mes. I think your Spen is actually working the way it is meant to now.

Dieben likes this.
  4. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast

I know for certain things you can hover your spen at the bottom or top and it will scroll the page up or down. Other then that I have no idea.

5. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

From reading this one and other threads about s-pen, turns out that you could control the "Force" by tuning the pot under the pen button cover. Or by whacking the tip of the pen on wall. :p Which ever method you prefer!

6. ren857

ren857 Android Enthusiast

The first mode you speak of was a flaw in you spen. You were not supposed to have the ability to control everything without touching the screen.

It sounds like the "problem" fixed itself and the pen is working as it should now.

LOL. I don't think there is a way to "fix" this. There is nothing wrong.

Dieben likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews