• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S Pen lightsaber sound revisited (Tasker)

Bodestone

Android Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2012
OK, so there have been many posts around this over time but setting up my 10+ I have revisited it.
There is no longer any need for NoteBuddy or any 3rd party app. They always played via the media stream so would not work on silent mode anyway hence my need for a Tasker task that used the app only for detection. so I could play the sound over the alarm stream. Of course this was far too loud so I had to drop the volume and reset it in the task.

Tasker can now detect the pen natively and setting this up for my 10 I thought I would share.

In the Profiles you Just need a Pen Out (State/Hardware/Pen Out) and an inverted one for Pen In.
These just need to link to tasks to play your sound.

Attachments

• Tasker_Saber_1.jpg
    Tasker_Saber_1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 407
  • Tasker_Saber_2.jpg
    Tasker_Saber_2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 333
The more I read this the more I see it as sarcastic Sorry if I am wrong. On the 8 (Note and Android) at the time Note Buddy was requred. Just posting a way to customise the pen sounds with no need for 2 3rd party tools, just tasker. Also Note Buddy has done an Elvis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones