1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s pen problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by terry203, Jan 1, 2013.

1. terry203

terry203 Newbie

hi iv only had the note for a few days and im loving it but iv just discovered the s pen isnt working correctly if i go to the test screen (*#0*#) it only makes a mark on 1 or 2 of the squares, would a new s pen be the solution
    cheers :)

2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Android Enthusiast

I suppose it's possible to have a faulty s-pen. I just tried your test and my s-pen works perfectly. I take it you're having issues during normal operation of the s-pen?

3. terry203

terry203 Newbie

this is what my test does

Attached Files:

4. Howard Hopkinson

If I were you, I'd pop into a phone shop and test out another s-pen on your device. This would undoubtedly prove whether your s-pen is the culprit.

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

It is possible to re-calibrate the S-pen sensitivity which would be worth a try before buying a new one. It evolves removing the button on the S-pen and twiddling the adjuster screws underneath.

This video shows how to reduce sensitivity so you'll need to do the apposite to increase sensitivity:
    [FIX] Note II S-pen hover problem (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / N7100) - YouTube

6. terry203

terry203 Newbie

cheers im gonna try the calibration first ill get bk and report if its worked :)

7. terry203

terry203 Newbie

mines a galaxy note 1 and i cant find any screws to adjust ? :(

Attached Files:

8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Well that's odd. Just checked my Note 1 and there is a tiny screw. I've annotated your image as to where it should be. It is an official Samsung S-Pen?

Attached Files:

9. terry203

terry203 Newbie

iv just been to my local phone shop and tried my s-pen on the note 2 and it works ? as far as i no its a genuine samsung s-pen but to make sure iv ordered another new one to try

10. Howard Hopkinson

Did you not try a new s-pen on your phone as I suggested while at the phone shop?

Do you have a screen protector on your screen? If so, these can cause problems with the s-pen.

11. terry203

terry203 Newbie

the phone shop had removed the s pen from the displayed note so couldnt try it on mine i had a screen protector on but took it off to try

no my s pen is working more the harder i push it on the screen ? :thinking:

12. terry203

terry203 Newbie

thanks for that pal im gonna wait till the one off ebay arrives and see if it is the pen
    i might nip to warrington tomorrow theres a samsung service center there and show them that my s pen hasnt got the screws to adjust it

13. terry203

terry203 Newbie

yay my new s-pen has arrived and all works as it should
    thanks guys for the comments :)

Howard Hopkinson likes this.
  14. Howard Hopkinson

Glad you got it sorted mate and thanks for letting us know.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews