• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Voice doesn't work via Bluetooth

jaydee77ca

Oct 29, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
I have a Jabra Cruiser2 bluetooth hands free unit in my car. It connects and pairs with my Galaxy S3 and I can call someone and talk to them using it. However, S Voice doesn't work with it. When I press the microphone on S Voice to say a command the audio wave thing doesn't move and then after a while it just says "Sorry I couldn't understand that". It's like it's not getting the audio. I know the audio works because I can make phone calls using the bluetooth.

Can anyone help? Has anyone gotten this to work?

The main reason I want to get this working is for voice dialling. I used Vlingo Car Mode on my Galaxy S Captivate and with it I could say "Call John at Work" and it would call him. I installed Vlingo but it crashes constantly on the Galaxy S3 and when I contacted Vlingo they said that the app doesn't work on the S3. (Which is strange, because I believe S Voice is powered by Vlingo isn't it?)

Anyway, this is really frustrating as I basically can't use my phone via bluetooth while driving which means I have to pull over, hand dial, and then start driving again.

Any ideas?

well, i used some bt mono forcing apps, and sure enough S-voice now works through the car speakers.

so we just need to figure out how to force s-voice and gps only to send the audio in a different way.

seems simple.

the btmono apps are not too useful, as they make the call quality suck.

we want s-voice and nav only to be sent mono

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones