1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S-Voice Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itsallgood, Mar 26, 2016.

1. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    So I've upgraded from the S4 to the S7 and not liking S-Voice at all. For example: on my S4, when I press the S-Voice icon, I hear a beep in my blue tooth, letting me know to speak a command. I tell S-Voice to send a message to someone, it pulls up the person number and ask what I want to say. I say the message and S-voice repeats it back to me and types it out and ask me to send, cancel or replace. (True hands free voice commands) With this new S-Voice, I have to be looking at my screen to see what its doing. It doesn't repeat my message back and doesn't give me any indication that when I can speak my command. It sucks really. I use S-Voice for hands free driving and now i can't use it, because I have to look at my screen to see whats going on. It can't even make a phone call, telling me that name isn't there.

Am I doing something wrong or is this really how S-voice is now? Any help is much appreaciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    I use google now instead and it tells me what it is doing. I have a dedicated button on my headset that engages it.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.