• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S10+ 5G variant

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
Thoughts..

The 5G variant is due soon and is bound to be a little more expensive. With my contact up mid Sept I'm hoping for a good deal on a S10+ by then, but if I want the 5G it might be either hard to get hold of or more expensive.

So is it worth the wait/cost?

On what information I have read 5G is still in testing in the UK in limited areas so will take some time to release, let alone go mainstream. Add to the fact 5G requires an infrastructure upgrade unlike 3G to 4G and the release date outside of cities could be quite sometime. And of course the networks will probably charge more for it to start with.

In my head I'm thinking it is not worth the hassle as I doubt I'll see 5G in my area in the next year to 2 years... (maybe)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones