• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S10+ keeps randomly restarting, is there any way to find out what's causing it?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
And if not would doing a reset of just the settings probably fix it?

Also tried things like clearing cache partition, I didn't really want to do a whole wipe if possible but clearing cache hasn't worked.

It's doing it daily, sometimes a couple of times per day in different apps.

Are there any event logs that would tell me what happened at the point of the restarts?
If I did a while wipe would my settings and apps be restored after?

I can't remember about settings but I know it tries to get back your apps but from previous experience you end up with a load you didn't want any more and a load it missed for some reason.

What does anyone think is best?

Thanks

James

are these S10 and 10+ even worth getting ?

I had second thoughts. I was going to buy an S10+ in the UK next week, but my Huawei Mate 10, that I've had for two years was updated to Android 10 before Christmas, and seems to be running great still, and so will likely keep the Huawei for another year.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
try putting the phone in safe mode and see if it is still happening. safe mode prevents 3rd party apps from running. it is just a troubleshooting tool. if it is still happening there, then i would for sure do a factory reset.

make sure you back things up using smart switch.

or as @mikedt suggested you can use smart switch to update your phone. you can't install firmware using smart switch, especially if your phone already has the latest update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones