• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S10 plus charging issues

Check your cord.

Plug the phone in, and goto

Settings
Battery

There it should say whether the phone is charging or not, and if it is charging by AC or USB.

You want it to say AC.

If it says USB, then try a different cord, or another charger.

Don't see what ur saying just when clicking battery shows this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200424-031136_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-031136_Device care.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0
Ok, my bad.
I gave instructions for my 7.1.1 and now that I look at my 8.1.1 it is not the same- and not the same as yours.

So, to compare apples to apples, there is a small, useful, ad-free, FOSS app you can use, called CPU Info.

CPU Info (Information about device hardware and software) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.kgurgul.cpuinfo

This will give you the information that you need, and more.

The 'Hardware' section will look like this:

Screenshot_2020-04-24_17-17-48.png

Notice where it says Charging Type and that it says AC.

AC is for standard and quick charging, and should provide plenty of juice to use the device and charge it at the same time.

If connected to a USB port, it would say USB- and that would be a slow charge- quite possibly not enough to use the device and gain an appreciable charge in a reasonable time, or even discharge while still charging.

A bad cord, however, can mimic the slow rate of charge from a USB port, even if plugged into a wall charger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, my bad.
I gave instructions for my 7.1.1 and bow that I look at my 8.1.1 it is not the same- and not the same as yours.

So, to compare apples to apples, there is a small, useful, ad-free, FOSS app you can use, called CPU Info.

CPU Info (Information about device hardware and software) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.kgurgul.cpuinfo

This will give you the information that you need, and more.

The 'Hardware' section will look like this:

View attachment 149812

Notice where it says Charging Type and that it says AC.

AC is for standard and quick charging, and should provide plenty of juice to use the device and charge it at the same time.

If connected to a USB port, it would say USB- and that would be a slow charge- quite possibly not enough to use the device and gain an appreciable charge in a reasonable time, or even discharge while still charging.

A bad cord, however, can mimic the slow rate of charge from a USB port, even if plugged into a wall charger.

Think it could be the cord in car cause one in house works fine

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones