• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S10 update glitch with Facebook

rpm1960

Lurker
Apr 23, 2015
With the latest automatic update on my Samsung GalaxyS10, I am no longer able to tag friends on Facebook. I can still tag them on my laptop, so this is definitely an issue on my android. I checked with my service provider (TMobile) and they had no answers. Thanks for any insights.

Your provider has nothing to do with this.

Your issue is with allowing automatic updates.

It is up to you to read reviews before any update takes place, as this is the only way to know if there are problems with updates.

Where did you get the update from?
Google will not provide older versions of apps.

Most other app stores will.

I can guide you in the way to return the app to a previous edition, or else you can use your browser to use social media until (maybe) the next update returns the function(s).

A browser is the recommended way to access any social media anyway.

Upvote 0
Try clearing the cache for the app and see if that helps.

If not, clear the data for it and try again.

If nothing helps, then restart (not reset!) the device and try once more.

Otherwise, you can revert to an older version of the app or use a browser.

Also, there are wrapper apps that you may like, and they are much more secure than the standard app.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.pitchedapps.frost/

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick response. I wasn't clear in my post - this wasn't a Facebook update. The only changes to my T Mobile Galaxy 10 android was the automatic software update. I get them quite regularly and can't opt out but do keep hitting the button to schedule the update for a later time. It eventually does the update on its own.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
You can opt out of these pestilence updates.

Open Developer options and turn off Automatic system updates.

This has worked on all but the very worst of my devices.

Screenshot_20220318-222651.png

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones