1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S2 cannot download/update from Android market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZekeCresando, Oct 21, 2011.

1. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

As the title above,i cannot download/update anything from android market but i still can open internet or open youtube..Plz help,really frustrating.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

a bit more info? :) wat happens when u open the market, does the app open? can u search? wat error messages do u get, etc?

3. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

Whenever i try to download/install/update, to make it easy,anything come from android market is problem. When i try to download, it become downloading(Process before any download percentage) about more than 30 minutes after that i give up.The same goes to update. I hope u understand because i'm kinda bad in English..Anyway,thx reply! :)

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I have similar problems once in awhile. Don't know if its to do with the market server, the data connection or what. Usually I just retry again a little while later and it works. Alternatively, I off and on back the data line, sort of like a refresh, and sometimes that helps.

The sure fire way though is to log on through internet and download through there. You can even use the phone browser if you have to. That is unless there really is something wrong with your data connection.

Cheers

5. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

i have auto update problem as well with market

6. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

I'll be more than glad if it happen only once i awhile but right now,it happen everytime....:(:(

7. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

At least i'm not the one having this problem..:)
    ..So,have you fix the problem?

8. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

look at my post on page 1

9. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

This works for some but not for others so its worth a try. Go to phone settings, applications, manage applications. Press the all tab at the top, scroll down to market and clear data.

10. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

that's wut i did and it worked...until the next update comes along and i have to clear data again

11. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

Try FastRebootPro. U can set widget and whenever u have problem with market just do fastreboot. Its faster way than clearing cache thru seetings.

12. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

no ur english is fine, i just wanted to know the problem more clearly so i know which stage ur having problems at :D well the guys have already mentioned a solution, clear data for the market.. hope that works for u :) btw, are u running the new market version? 3.15 etc?

13. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

I'm not sure what my current market version is but i guess it's 3.0.. I already did clear data but still the same.. when i try to download,it only become "downloading" state only..For update,after check it again..i found that it's not all apps i cannot update,there are certain things i can update such as GMail..

14. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

ur network connection is fine? no interruptions during the download?

15. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

Yep,network is fine.. The only problem is to update/download apps from android market..

16. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

sorry, im kinda out of ideas. if i think of anything i'll post back asap

17. ZekeCresando

ZekeCresando Newbie

Thx for helping!

18. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

Does it happen only in one place and over WIFI? Or both, 3G Data connection and WIFI?

I'm asking because it's quite common to experience download problem over WIFI, due to port configuration on the router. Many people had no problem downloading apps using 3G but couldn't over WIFI.
    Including me.
    I could surf, youtube, facebook, mail, skype.... everything, but not app downloads. Till I reconfigured my router, and now everything works like charm,

19. carajp

carajp Member

I have the same problem, which I mostly notice with updating (probably because I've had my phone a few months now and the flood of buying new apps has faded).

I've found force stopping Marketplace and clearing data to work. Clearing data on it's own doesn't seem to do it. Then it works once or twice and I have to do it all over again. It's very annoying.

20. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

i have the exact same problem. i have to clear data everytime i want to have auto update working. i'm so out of ideas i'm just gonna stop bothering

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews