1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S2 Hanging (not boot loop)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ampeme12, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ampeme12

ampeme12 Lurker
    None

Nov 24, 2013
    Hello,

I rooted my S2 some time back with no problems and removed some Samsung bloatware. I did not install a custom ROM but did use Triangle Away to remove the start up screen. It's rooted with the Siyah Kernel

My issue is not with boot hanging, but hanging after starting,

My phone used to hang every now and then (twice a week) and a simple battery pull would solve the problem. Pull battery, reboot and it's fine.

Today, my battery ran out, and I placed it in charge and removed the phone after charging. My phone starts up fine, gets pass the Samsung logo, Siyah logo and I get my home screen. Here is where the problem starts.

I get the usual start up notifications e.g. "preparing USB storage", "power saving mode enabled" etc. I can then use the phone for roughly 4 seconds before it freezes. The touch screen does not respond. It freezes. The only thing that does work is pressing the home key 4 times to get negative colours. Apart from that, nothing. If I press the sleep button, the screen goes black and the phone is off. I restart and I get the same problem all over again.

TLDR: Rooted phone, hangs at homescreen upon boot, no custom ROM, battery pull doesn't work
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    For how long? If the battery "ran out", the first 4 or 5 hours didn't do very much charging, it was just ramping up.

3. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    desire_ail likes this.