• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S2 Hanging (not boot loop)

ampeme12

Lurker
Nov 24, 2013
Hello,

I rooted my S2 some time back with no problems and removed some Samsung bloatware. I did not install a custom ROM but did use Triangle Away to remove the start up screen. It's rooted with the Siyah Kernel

My issue is not with boot hanging, but hanging after starting,

My phone used to hang every now and then (twice a week) and a simple battery pull would solve the problem. Pull battery, reboot and it's fine.

Today, my battery ran out, and I placed it in charge and removed the phone after charging. My phone starts up fine, gets pass the Samsung logo, Siyah logo and I get my home screen. Here is where the problem starts.

I get the usual start up notifications e.g. "preparing USB storage", "power saving mode enabled" etc. I can then use the phone for roughly 4 seconds before it freezes. The touch screen does not respond. It freezes. The only thing that does work is pressing the home key 4 times to get negative colours. Apart from that, nothing. If I press the sleep button, the screen goes black and the phone is off. I restart and I get the same problem all over again.

TLDR: Rooted phone, hangs at homescreen upon boot, no custom ROM, battery pull doesn't work
Any help would be much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones