1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S2 Hard reset and backup

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Liroy, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Liroy

Liroy Lurker

hi, I had my Galaxy s2 for about 2 years now and love the phone but lately the home button doesnt wanna exit apps or go back to home page ...sometines takes like 5 times to press ....read somewere that a factory reset can solve that....now i know how to do the reset but my question is....anyway to save apps,bookmarks, saved games to the PC or external device??? 2 years of played and saved games and bookmarks .....also the Phone is ROOTED ...will that effect the RESET and will i have to ROOT it again

thanx in advence

Advertisement

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

If the phone is rooted, an app called titanium backup will save all your apps with data and can be found on the play store. There's a free version that will get the job done, but is kind of tedious. The pro version allows for batch backups and restores to make the whole process much easier.

Liroy likes this.
  3. Liroy

Liroy Lurker

where do i save it to ?? a SD card or straight to PC?? and after the factory reset will the phone remain rooted??

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The phone should remain rooted after the reset. Which network are you on/what's the model number of the device? Folks who own it should be able to confirm. :)