• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S2 Micro SD Problem

JDMasFCK

Oct 11, 2011
I just bought a Micro SD (16GB), I plugged it into the S2 but all the apps I download are still going into the "System" and "USB Storage" instead of into the "SD Card".

And when I go to "Manage Applications" and hit the "On SD Card tab" it still says I have 11GB when I should have over 16GB......

Anyhelp would be appreciated... Thanks :D

I just bought a Micro SD (16GB), I plugged it into the S2 but all the apps I download are still going into the "System" and "USB Storage" instead of into the "SD Card".

And when I go to "Manage Applications" and hit the "On SD Card tab" it still says I have 11GB when I should have over 16GB......

Anyhelp would be appreciated... Thanks :D

If you are using the stock file manger, you might not be able to see the files. Its usually in .Android folder. The '.' before the files sort of keeps it hidden.

Try to use Astro file manager or similar

Upvote 0
Apps will only install into the internal storage anyway
Some may allow you to move them over ("move to SD card" button will be enabled) but this is not the "external_sd" card

I no longer bother with moving over to SD. SGS2 have enough space for having the programs in the phone memory, and I suspect it is also better for reading the files.

However, I did notice that last time when I moved some apps to SD, some of the files do appear in the micro sd card under the folder ".Android_secure", and quite big files too.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones