• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S2 Not reading Audio files..

KValor

Mar 22, 2011
So recently I purchased a 32GB Kingston Micro SD card. I loaded it up with music and threw it into the phone, upon turning the phone back on, I noticed that a VERY small portion of the music actually made it onto the phone. When I plugged it back into my computer the songs were all gone. At first I thought this was a card issue, as I ordered it off ebay and was not 100% sure of the quality.

However after I connected my S2 to my PC and synced up a large portion of my library to my phone, again, onto the SD card. This time they remained on the card, taking up space, however nearly all of them will not play. It says "Sorry the player does not support this type of audio files" they are all Mp3 files..

Is there a codec I can download to make the songs playable or..? I'm honestly just confused here, I figured it would all be drag and drop done. I will try adding the files that will not play directly onto the phones storage, to see if that helps any but I have my doubts..

Also already downloaded a different Music player to see if that would help, it of course didn't.

Thanks,
KValor - Unrooted Samsung Galaxy S2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones