1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips S2 Portable Charger recommendations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lavellep, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lavellep

lavellep Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Hello All,

I'm going to be needing a portable charger for my S2 which I want to order today (UK) and wonder if anybody had any recommendations?

Bearing in mind it takes an age to charge via USB, are there any that charge quickly?

I used to have a Mophie Juice pack for my iPhone which was also like a protective case and was thinking of something like that rather than a general USB that works on everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I have the Proporta USB Turbocharger 5000, good for three chargers and has a "high" output charging option, I like it.

Your post is quite timely, I have a review of the Proporta coming out at blog.clove.uk shortly (next few hours perhaps).

Clove have a pretty good price on it right now too.

3. lavellep

lavellep Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Thanks for this. I may order one. Two questions though:

1. Rather than messing about with the connectors, can I just plug a micro USB charging cable I already have into it and charge my phone off that?

2. Would I use the high or low charging port? What's the difference? Bear in mind I'm using an S2.

Thanks so much

4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Good question about whether you can use the cable the phone comes with, I've not actually tried it! I would think you can.

I use the high output setting, works fine (I forget the exact wording, but they are clear in the instructions that it won't damage your device using the high setting).

Review is up now by the way: [REVIEW] Extending your battery life – Proporta USB TurboCharger 5000 review Clove Technology’s Blog