1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S2: reinstall Icecream sandwich after Jellybean?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GS3_user1, Jul 4, 2013.

1. GS3_user1

GS3_user1 Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded to Jellybean a few weeks ago and have been experiencing a range of problems as some may have see on this forum (in-call volume too loud, self discharge in flight mode over night).

I realise the change was a big mistake and I would like to know if I have any chance to revert to an earlier version. I only bought my S2 1 year ago, and it has been well treated, with very few applications installed.

Please can anyone offer some advice on downgrade options?

Many thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hi GS3_user1!

You can either try to remedy the problems you are experiencing with JB which, in itself, is a very stable and reliable platform and your problems are most likely caused by either a corrupt update, OTA updates are notorious for this, or a poor integration of you existing apps and settings.

The Firmware update problems... what you can do! gives ways and means of correcting these problems.

If you wish to downgrade to ICS which may, or may not, resolve your current problems, you will need to refer to the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide and...

1. Ascertain your CSC code. (see #1.1)

2. As per #1.7, you will need to register with SamMobile and enter your CSC code minus the last 3 digits, (these are your JB build), which will bring up all firmware applicable to your CSC code.

3. Backup all your data. Download the ICS, Android 4.0.*, firmware and flash it to your phone using the step-by-step instructions and video in the link in #1.7.

Read all links carefully and thoroughly. ;)

GS3_user1 likes this.
  3. GS3_user1

GS3_user1 Newbie

Hi Ironass,

Thank you very much for your detailed response! I'll follow the instructions as you directed. I'm glad that there is at least an option to downgrade.

While I believe Jellybean is stable with the newest phones, it may be that its operation on the Galaxy S2 is sub-optimal.

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

I'm afraid I must disagree totally with that statement. As I say in the opening of Firmware update problems... what you can do!...

Those are all Samsung Galaxy S2 firmwares. ;)

5. GS3_user1

GS3_user1 Newbie

Hi Ironass,

Basically I am having problems on my GS2 with Jellybean. These are as follows: a) in call volume too loud on lowest setting, and more problematic b) sporadic full discharge when on standby with display on sleep mode and antenna in flight mode.

In addition, the phone shuts down occasionally.

These issues didn't present when I had the earlier firmware.

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews