• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S20+ Bluetooth Headphones Call Distortion

S

Skai824

Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this same issue and/or has any suggestions on how to fix:

When I use my Master and Dynamic MW07+ earbuds to make phone calls (or even WhatsApp calls) with my S20+, the phone call almost immediately becomes significantly distorted and doesn't go away unless I turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on. The same thing will then happen a few minutes later.

Weirdly, this doesn't happen when I'm listening to music. I can listen for hours without issue.

I previously used these earbuds with a Pixel 2 and didn't have this issue. I also used these earbuds with my wife's iPhone 11 and again there were no issues. Interestingly, I also tried a phone call with my cheap Anker headphones and didn't have any issues with the S20+.

This seems to only happen with my S20+ and specifically with these earbuds (which I already replaced via warranty once). Any ideas what is going on and what to try?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones