1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S20 screen mirror problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kcyong33, Apr 3, 2020.

1. kcyong33

kcyong33 Lurker

My S20 has problem trying to do Screen mirror to my Samsung LED series 7 tv . It has no problem all this time with my S8, S7, S6 at all. Can anyone assist? The TV say " screen mirror has ended" while trying to cast the pic/video

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Sorry for the late reply! If I had to guess, with the newer phone, and the newer version of screen mirror, smart view it is called, you are starting to see them be incompatible. Here's an article from few days ago about Samsung stopping supporting older smart TV's. Would be worth seeing if you model is listed: https://www.engadget.com/samsung-killing-smart-view-app-103148010.html

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i just use chromecast on my note 10+. its cheap and very easy to setup and will work on any tv with an hdmi cable

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I do as well. I have a 'slightly' older Samsung upstairs that I have never tried to screen share. Maybe I'll give that a try just to know.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. kcyong33

kcyong33 Lurker

Thks. i 'll chk out the smart thing & see if it help

6. kcyong33

kcyong33 Lurker

How much does a basic chromecast cost?

7. ocnbrze

8. kcyong33

kcyong33 Lurker

Tried SmartThing, S20 couldn't recognise my TV. THen i play around with tv source n it worked for 20min for media only(not whatever on my S20 screen) , & stop working! unstable....

NightAngel79 likes this.
  9. Haruka Porter

Haruka Porter Lurker

had the same issue, but could not afford buying chromecast device so I looked for third-party mirroring apps online. the only free app i saw was LetsView. It's working really well for me. Might work for you, too

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. kcyong33

kcyong33 Lurker

I've just downloaded LetsView.... will try it later. Thks!

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

Keep us posted and let us know if it works or not.

NightAngel79 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs