1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S20 Ultra Timelapse: 1080p HD but not 4K?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rob, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

I love taking timelapse / hyperlapse videos and I've taken A TON with the Galaxy S20 Ultra. Here's an example of one I recently took:

The quality is okay but I was expecting/hoping for so much more, mainly because Samsung limits timelapse/hyperlapse videos to 1080p HD. You cannot record timelapse/hyperlapse videos in 4K (and obviously not 8K).

Does this surprise anyone else? Any suggestions for timelapse apps where I could manually take photos with the 108MP camera every X seconds and string them together myself to produce a better quality timelapse?

And lastly- do you think there is a hands-down best smartphone camera specifically for timelapse videos? Because I would consider buying one just for that feature!

olbriar, NightAngel79 and ironass like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Are you sure that's time lapse? I'm from Boston and that kind of stuff happens everyday.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I used to use TimeLapse Pro.
    Lapse It Pro
    Price: $2.99

Compatibility: Android 2.2 or later, iOS 11 or later

Rating: 4.1 on AppStore, 4.3 on Google Play

The seemingly endless list of options the Lapse It Pro offers makes it a perfect choice for all iPhone and Android users who want to speed up the footage they are recording up to 240 times. The app can be used in both Auto and Manual modes, which means that you can control ISO, Exposure or White Balance values while a recording session is still in progress. In case you don’t want to take photos or record videos with Lapse It Pro, you can import already existing footage into the app and turn it into a stunning time-lapse. The app’s render engine exports UHD 4K videos in remarkably short periods of time, so you can quickly share high-quality videos to any of the popular social media networks.

HAHAHA, you wish cars and people moved that fast in Boston

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Personally, I thought your time-lapse was pretty cool. It looked great on my desktop monitor. It is not 4K :)

dontpanicbobby and NightAngel79 like this.
  5. Gabriel Dusil

Gabriel Dusil Lurker

I am very disappointed that Samsung hasn't activated hyperlapse in 4K. It's even more surprising that no one is complaining about this feature. This is the only post I have found on this issue, so I still don't understand if this is a hardware or software limitation - or if it is just a feature that Samsung chooses not to activate. Anyone know? I would expect the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon processors to be able to encode a 4k hyperlapse - especially with 8K now available.

NightAngel79 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra release date was February 14th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.9" inch screen, 108MP camera, 8/16GB RAM, Exynos 990 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 14th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews