• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S22 link to windows Malware prob

gould

Lurker
Nov 17, 2022
The other day i got a message on a update. saying that the app that is being updated might be malware. it was link to windows. I stupidly installed it. It then came up saying that there is malware on the phone. so after looking into this i carried out the apps - show system apps - then going into device security deleting the cache and data and then rerunning the device care. yeah it now shows like the app is not malware but there is two apps. One is just Link to windows and the other is link to windows service. i have tried to uninstall them both but it wont let me . i try to stop the service but at some point it starts back up. Even tho the device scanner says that there is no malware, my phone has not worked right since. apps crash every time now. can hardly do anything on it. can anyone please help. thanks you

Hello man, I work as a web designer and am not happy to hear that. Unfortunately, some months ago, I got malware too. I got a message saying I got an update, but it wasn't, in fact, a real update. I tried restarting it, but it didn't help, and I even tried a factory reset, but it didn't help me as well. But, being lucky, I came upon Reddit windows key. I like this site because it provides genuine windows keys and is cheap. I suggest you make a factory reset, and if it doesn't work, try to use a windows key.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones