1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 + $50 = should I trade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CrazyT, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CrazyT

CrazyT Newbie

I was offered a 16 gig s3 plus $50 for my maxx HD. Would you make the trade? I really like the battery life of my Maxx HD and the radios seem to be great. That is my biggest concern is that mt service on the s3 will not be good.

I use my camera a lot and that would be my main reason for trading. The camera on the s3 is great and the camera on the hd is garbage.

What should I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CrazyT

CrazyT Newbie

Also he wants to trade becasue he doesnt get service at his house with his S3 but he does with his Motorola Droid. That concerns me.

3. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

You should have him bring the phone to your house to see if you get service. Your MAXX HD is an upgrade compared the the GSIII. I wouldn't take the phone and only $50. Maybe $100 or $150 even plus the GSIII for the MAXX HD. I came from the regular MAXX. And hate that my battery drains at all lol. I bought a slim 3000mah battery that fits with the regular back. But unfortunately NFC tags don't work any more. I read that the antenna is in the battery. Oh well. My phone lasts all day now though.

Also, Droid Life just posted that Samsung has released an OEM 3000mah battery http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/1...l-3000mah-extended-battery-for-the-galaxy-s3/ so that will get you through the day just fine. And you'll be able to use NFC Tags. If you don't care about NFC then get the slim 3080mah on ebay.

4. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

I don't think the money should enter in to it, it should be based solely upon if you want the phone

5. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

A straight up trade wouldn't be even. The MAXX HD is a brand new phone with higher specs and newer tech. He could sell his M-HD on ebay or craigslist and make enough to buy the GS3 and have money left over. Unless money isn't an issue to him, there should be cash on top of the trade.

6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

I wouldnt trade my s3 for a maxx hd and $50. It's not newer tech, it uses the same screen, and im pretty sure its the exact same processor as the US versions of the s3, so i dont know where you think the newer tech is located. But i wouldnt trade 1 because i dont like motorola phones, and 2 because modding them is not nearly as easy as the s3. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the s3 is the best phone available now, and since it won phone of the year from multiple sources im not the only one to think that

7. GoldenDiamond

GoldenDiamond Well-Known Member

if you are happy with the phone you have right now, then you shouldn't even be asking this question.

8. Ez Duzit

Ez Duzit Newbie

MAXX HD only has 1 Gb of ram. GS3 has 2 gigs. GS3 will outperform the maxx hd in gaming and multitasking just from the extra ram.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews