• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 Android update

Sigummer

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
I'm desperately trying to get a definite regarding the 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 on the Orange network in the UK.
I can't tell if the update I recently downloaded was the original and buggy 4.3 update or the newer and bug free update. My battery is certainly very poor since the download.
I need to know if I am waiting for the patch/fix that is meant to be out there and if so, when Orange will release, or if I'm buggered!

Many thanks

Welcome to the community :beer:
When did you take the update mate? I think the original buggy update got pulled and then an updated version got pushed along with a small update for the people who took the original one.
If you go to settings, about phone, scroll to the bottom, take a screenshot and post it here, hopefully someone can tell you if youre on the latest :thumbup:

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
Welcome to the community :beer:
When did you take the update mate? I think the original buggy update got pulled and then an updated version got pushed along with a small update for the people who took the original one.
If you go to settings, about phone, scroll to the bottom, take a screenshot and post it here, hopefully someone can tell you if youre on the latest :thumbup:

Thanks man... I updated just the other day, though i hadn't checked update for ages so cant be sure either way. No bugs except battery. Why Orange and others simply dont release a list of updates etc...

Anyway, no screenshot but info below may help

Android: 4.3
Baseband version: i9305xxuemk1
Kernel version: 3.0.31-2051278 dpi@DELL156.#1 Thu Dec 12 23.02.11 KST 2013
Build number: jss15j.i9305xxueml5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones