• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 calls automatically answered?

Mine, for the past few days, has been auto answering calls also. It answers after 2 rings and is on speaker phone.

I will research the problem more. I did a root a few weeks ago, but everything was working fine, until now. Restoring everything from my titanium back up and will report if that fixed it. THen a factory restore. Not sure if I will lose my root when I factory restore.

Upvote 0
Mine was doing the same thing. Answers all calls after 2 rings, straight to speaker phone. After some research, this is what I found.

Go to the green "phone" button. then bottom left "menu" . then "call settings." then "accessory settings for call." Then put a green check mark next to the "automatic answering"

OK ... but ... mine then says "... only operates with a connected headset". So, in those cases where there is no headset connected, or the phone is NOT paired using BT, the phone should NOT autoanswer -- even if this is checked.

Right?

Upvote 0
OK ... but ... mine then says "... only operates with a connected headset". So, in those cases where there is no headset connected, or the phone is NOT paired using BT, the phone should NOT autoanswer -- even if this is checked.

Right?
nope, i did the exact method that i laid out in my previous comments, and it fixed the problem. I think its just weird wording. Check that box, and i bet if fixes it for you. Let me know

Upvote 0
My phone auto-answering was driving me crazy. I thought it was the bluetooth car kit (second one now). Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. I go to my phone store and when they can't find the answer, they always suggest a reset and I have too much time invested in setting up my phone how I want it. Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones