1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s3 charging problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cat2610, Sep 22, 2014.

1. cat2610

cat2610 Lurker

My Galaxy S 3 is having charging problems. It intermittently blinks in and out of charging when attached to most cables. I ordered a wireless charger thinking it was my usb port. The wireless kit arrived today and it does the same thing.

I have found 1 charger that works...my Kindle charger/cable are the only one that works.

Troubleshooting that I've tried:
    contact cleaner
    canned air to clean everything out.

I've got a brand new morphine juice pack and a wireless charger I'd like to use. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. edgie70

edgie70 Well-Known Member

I had that problem sfter spilling some coke on the bottom of my s3 , when I plugged it in it flashed charging then not , I took battery out and my wife has pure alcohol being a carer so I cleaned in the charging port with that , even dripped some in and worked the lead in the port ( obviously unplugged from the mains ) and that cured it , hope it helps , btw I used all types of cleaner and only the alcohol works which can be found at a chemist

3. cat2610

cat2610 Lurker

Thanks for the thoughts. I think the contact cleaner is an equivalent to the alcohol. Still none of this accounts for why my wireless charger won't work.

Any other thoughts out there?

4. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Rocketfish, gormondo (sp) bought thru amazon work. Eversincetge 4.2 update, charging your S3 has been a challenge

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews