• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help s3 charging problem

cat2610

Lurker
Sep 22, 2014
My Galaxy S 3 is having charging problems. It intermittently blinks in and out of charging when attached to most cables. I ordered a wireless charger thinking it was my usb port. The wireless kit arrived today and it does the same thing.

I have found 1 charger that works...my Kindle charger/cable are the only one that works.

Troubleshooting that I've tried:
contact cleaner
canned air to clean everything out.

I've got a brand new morphine juice pack and a wireless charger I'd like to use. Any suggestions?

I had that problem sfter spilling some coke on the bottom of my s3 , when I plugged it in it flashed charging then not , I took battery out and my wife has pure alcohol being a carer so I cleaned in the charging port with that , even dripped some in and worked the lead in the port ( obviously unplugged from the mains ) and that cured it , hope it helps , btw I used all types of cleaner and only the alcohol works which can be found at a chemist

Upvote 0
I had that problem sfter spilling some coke on the bottom of my s3 , when I plugged it in it flashed charging then not , I took battery out and my wife has pure alcohol being a carer so I cleaned in the charging port with that , even dripped some in and worked the lead in the port ( obviously unplugged from the mains ) and that cured it , hope it helps , btw I used all types of cleaner and only the alcohol works which can be found at a chemist
Thanks for the thoughts. I think the contact cleaner is an equivalent to the alcohol. Still none of this accounts for why my wireless charger won't work.

Any other thoughts out there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones