• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Dialer Question

neil154

Android Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
With the stock S3 dialer I can spell out the name of a person and the dialer will find that person. My problem is if I start spelling out the person's first anme and then need to put a "space" in so I can start spelling out the last name I do not see how to get the "space" inputted.

Does anyone have a resolution for this or is there a different dialer that has a "space" capability?

With the stock S3 dialer I can spell out the name of a person and the dialer will find that person. My problem is if I start spelling out the person's first anme and then need to put a "space" in so I can start spelling out the last name I do not see how to get the "space" inputted.

Does anyone have a resolution for this or is there a different dialer that has a "space" capability?

If you are just asking for contact search purposes & not for new contact data input,you may want to try this seldom-mentioned but useful app from GOOGLE called GESTURE SEARCH.Not only can you search your contacts,but,you can use it as a universal search tool.

Another one that is designed specifically for working w/the dialer is SIGN,which is on sale now in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones