1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 Dialer Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neil154, Dec 29, 2012.

1. neil154

neil154 Android Enthusiast

With the stock S3 dialer I can spell out the name of a person and the dialer will find that person. My problem is if I start spelling out the person's first anme and then need to put a "space" in so I can start spelling out the last name I do not see how to get the "space" inputted.

Does anyone have a resolution for this or is there a different dialer that has a "space" capability?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

Just had a quick check... you can get the functionality you want by using the star key instead of a space.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. neil154

Thanks, you are correct I get the functionality that I want using the *.

I guess it is a wildcard and that is why it works.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If you are just asking for contact search purposes & not for new contact data input,you may want to try this seldom-mentioned but useful app from GOOGLE called GESTURE SEARCH.Not only can you search your contacts,but,you can use it as a universal search tool.

Another one that is designed specifically for working w/the dialer is SIGN,which is on sale now in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

5. neil154

Thanks, I will check out the apps

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews