• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Dropped In Toilet

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hi
I dropped my s3 in the toilet i got it out staright away and put it on a radiator to dry.

It turned on but was a bit laggy and said there was no simcard and would only have vibrate and wifi no camera or speaker

Been Keen restarting this morning and wont turn on

Please Anyone Help ASAP.this is my personal phone and need to know if i could get a new one or repair through warranty

Thanks

Owen

New To This

You need more than a radiator to get all of the moisture out. A couple of days in a jar of dessicant (uncooked rice, or silica gel if you have enough) with the battery removed, to draw the moisture out, would be my advice. Then see what problems you still have.

There is a good chance that it's already damaged though. And moisture damage is insidious, so even if it seems normal after thorough drying there are no guarantees that things won't gradually fail as time goes on.

Your warranty won't cover this. This isn't a manufacturing fault, and there are moisture sensors inside the phone so the service centre will know straight away that the phone got wet. The best I can suggest is to see whether your insurance will cover it (check the terms of your household policy if you don't have phone insurance).

Sorry I don't have better news. Good luck.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I dropped my HTC One in the toilet, and it's not working at all. Does anyone know how to make it work again?

It was in the toilet for a second or two. I then took it out immediately and turned it off, wiped off any excess water, and left it in a bowl of rice, rotating it every few hours, for 48 hours. I have tried to turn it on this morning, but have had no luck. The screen is just blank, and the phone does not react when I put the charger in. The led green light doesn't come on to say it's charging, and neither a laptop of computer are recognising it when I plug it in. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it, or is it just completely dead? It's a new phone on contract, and I really can't afford to get a new phone. Or does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to repair it?

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated!

Upvote 0
I dropped my HTC One in the toilet, and it's not working at all. Does anyone know how to make it work again?

It was in the toilet for a second or two. I then took it out immediately and turned it off, wiped off any excess water, and left it in a bowl of rice, rotating it every few hours, for 48 hours. I have tried to turn it on this morning, but have had no luck. The screen is just blank, and the phone does not react when I put the charger in. The led green light doesn't come on to say it's charging, and neither a laptop of computer are recognising it when I plug it in. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it, or is it just completely dead? It's a new phone on contract, and I really can't afford to get a new phone. Or does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to repair it?

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones