1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 email client Screwing up Attachment file names

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cgarai, Aug 10, 2012.

1. cgarai

cgarai Lurker

This is a newly titled thread from my previous thread about not being able to read PDF files.

I have the problem partially figured out. There is no problem with the pdf file, it is the Samsung ICS email client. What is happening is that the name of the attachement is getting modified and it drops the .pdf extension. So even though the client shows the attachment with the Acrobat logo, when it feeds it to Adobe or Polaris it is not recognized since it lacks the extension.

I proved this by saving the file, renaming it with the .pdf extension and then opening it and it works fine. Also if I forward the email to gmail, the gmail client has no problems with the attachment as it doesn't screw up the name.

So now my question is : Is there a fix for the email client on Samsung's ICS? This seems like a really stupid bug!

Chris

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

The email client in S3 is horrible, use a 3rd party app instead

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews