1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 fails to connect to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bernkastel, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Lurker

Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S3 fails to connect to my PC at times. I've tried using the official Kies software and without. It fails on both instances. I usually get a Windows error (as below) when I connect the phone to the PC. I have tried the Kies "Troubleshoot connection error" option but I've had no luck in fixing it.

The times this occurs seems random. At times, it will connect fine without any issues. Sometimes it fails to work and the error above is produced.

I wonder whether it's the cable. However, as charging works fine, I'm not too sure about what exactly the cause is.

Any help is appreciated.

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

You're right that it is most probably the cable - just coz it charges doesn't mean it works for data connections, unfortunately. Try another cable (you can pick them up for a couple of bucks on ebay, though the quality can be a iffy).

Bernkastel likes this.
  3. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

4. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

5. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

I won't disagree. I just yet in 20 year of working with computers and external devices to experience once, a cable problem. Most of my stock cables go through multiple devices. My S2's cable was used for my S3, note2 and now s4, while the remaining original one, are unpacked in their respective boxes.

6. mydian

mydian Android Expert

My old phone the charging port was bad and it would cause this to happen. For awhile it would still charge the phone, but no data connectivity.

7. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Lurker

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I'll try AirDroid as well as getting a new cable then. Reinstalling drivers did not seem to permanently resolve the issue.

Edit: AirDroid is impressive :D Although it does work off wifi / mobile data :/

Also, does anyone know whether the region / system locale of your PC affects the connectivity and drivers? I thought that maybe it might have, but it seems that putting my system locale back to English didn't fix the issue permanently, and it was just one of those random times when the connection worked.

EDIT 2: I ordered a new cable and it finally arrived. It seems to be working fine. So it seems like the cable before was the issue. Thanks everyone.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews