1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 GT-I9300 Always crashing, restarting.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by purez, Dec 15, 2013.

1. purez

purez Lurker

My S3 is driving me mad. It will crash multiple times every day. This could involve:
    -Freezing when I am using an app leading to me having to kill it and restart
    -Keyboard freezing while typing and crashing and having to wait about 15 seconds for it to restart itself
    -Simply the phone restarting itself.
    -Even the launcher itself restarts. (I am using Apex Launcher) But when I did switch back to TouchWiz it did freeze too...

Another issue is when it sometimes attempts to restart itself, the light blue light stays on but the phone is just frozen so I have to take the battery out. Taking the battery out often leads to me losing about 20% battery.. And we all know the S3 standard battery isn't great anyway !

[​IMG]

My phone has nearly always had this issue. Except I only had 1 month to return it when I bought it off Amazon and thought nothing of it in the early days.

[​IMG]

I have tried the eMMC check app. It says sane chip.

I have factory reset 2 times before. No help. I honestly don't believe therefore that it's anything to do with anything I've put on it. Maybe it's just a faulty phone? Either way, opinions would be nice :)

Model GT-I9300
    Android Version 4.1.2 ("Latest Updates have been installed")
    Baseband Version I9300XXEMG4
    Kernel version from Jul 16th 2013.

Anyway, hoping someone has a fix :)
    Thank you lovely people!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

You have a terrible wakelock in your battery stats but thats a separate issue from the phone crashing.
    If i was you id try a factory reset (EDIT youve done that, sorry) and if that doesnt fix it, send it to samsung. If youre in European Union you have a 2yr warranty so its definately still covered. Or you could try reflashing it yourself if youre confident with computers etc :thumbup:

3. purez

purez Lurker

Thank you! I will look into whatever "reflashing" involves.. I'm from UK so I may just send it back.. Thanks !

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews