1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 infecfected? Unwanted notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hal1, Aug 22, 2012.

1. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

I have been receiving these notifications, 'get free this',or something. usually to download an app. When I open the notification it takes me to the Play store, directly to some game or app, maybe a website, I don't remember.

I haven't downloaded anything lately. Has anyone seen this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

some app you installed is pushing the notifications

3. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

Nothing new lately comes to mind. If I do think of what it might be would uninstalling it fix it? Or is it too late? My Lookout seems to be running clean.

4. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

Stormlight likes this.
  5. Dunkeroo

Dunkeroo Newbie

What he said. Download add-ons detector. It will locate the spam app for you to uninstall.

A problem I encountered was i had a hard time uninstalling the actual problem app.

I had to download the app uninstaller from play store. Worked like a charm.

6. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

Done. Thanks. I should have searched unwanted notifications before posting this.

FYI, for those that stumble on this thread, I think the app Airpush Detector works too

7. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

These notifications come from apps that have either airpush or leadbolt - two different scripts. From what I understand the addon detector sniffs both those bastards out - airpush, obviously, only catches the airpush ones.

ilovethebeach likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews