1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S3 Jelly Bean 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SmithO77, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SmithO77

SmithO77 Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2012
    I just updated from ICS 4.0.4 to 4.3 Jelly Bean. I've noticed since from updating the Voice Uplink Or Downlink is not supported on this ROM. I've tried different Call Recording App's & it's the same result. I have tried using the Mic but my voice on the other end is too low & it's not usable to me. Voice Over is the same result. A Call Recorder App is very important in the kind of work I do. Is there anyway I can get these features working again? Or would I just have to go back ICS?

Advertisement

2. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 5, 2012
    Male

I can't fully answer your first problem but I do know you cannot go back to ice cream sandwich once you updated to 4.3 unless you're rooted?

3. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Consultant
    Birmingham, UK
    Jackroo is right, to a degree, that the best results are achieved for this purpose by using custom ROMs (TouchWiz based) as most include call recording facilities and really easy to use and thiose that don't, can easily be tweaked by installing Xposed framework together with modules, one of which is available includes a in-call recorder module.

If you feel uncomfortable with rooting and the custom ROM route there are some Play Store alternatives, which may or may not work. One I have tried is this app here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grinzone.incallrecorder - its easy to set up and use.

funkylogik likes this.