• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Jelly Bean annoyance

Along with Predictive Text no longer working surprise, I thought this was/still is rather annoying. As I recall with the stock ICS, pressing the home button after the phone times out, the screen wakes up to the last opened app. Now, hitting the home button, it closes the last app and gives you the home screen right away. So in order to return to the last app screen, I have to wake it up by pressing the power switch. I don't know if this is the way Jelly Bean works or is that another quirk.

I use the phone quite a fair bit throughout the day and the lock screen is one major annoyance (switched from Nokia E71 of 4 years before the SGS3) so I have the lock screen set to None. For the purpose of testing post Home button behaviour, I set lock screen option to Swipe and last used app screen stays this time, even when I swipe it immediately.

Upvote 0
Along with Predictive Text no longer working surprise, I thought this was/still is rather annoying. As I recall with the stock ICS, pressing the home button after the phone times out, the screen wakes up to the last opened app. Now, hitting the home button, it closes the last app and gives you the home screen right away. So in order to return to the last app screen, I have to wake it up by pressing the power switch. I don't know if this is the way Jelly Bean works or is that another quirk.

Have you found a work around for this? I also just updated to jb and find this extremely annoying. I only want the screen to wake up, not go back to the home screen.

Upvote 0
wait, so this is a problem with jellybean not installing correctly?

I had JB installed twice on my SGS3. First time was a version not intended for my region but the only thing not working for me then was the version didn't come with auto correction. It was only after I reinstalled JB the second time using the correct files then everything started working correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones