• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 jellybean video leaks

who cares.
this is for unlocked international version.
verizons S3 will get JB WAY after the verizon Nexus gets it.
I am more interested in the S3 because an unlocked bootloader can be flashed to it now.....now THAT is something to get excited about. I LOVE my nexus, but if i can get some sucker to trade me straigh up, i would in a heart beat :)

Upvote 0
who cares.
this is for unlocked international version.
verizons S3 will get JB WAY after the verizon Nexus gets it.
I am more interested in the S3 because an unlocked bootloader can be flashed to it now.....now THAT is something to get excited about. I LOVE my nexus, but if i can get some sucker to trade me straigh up, i would in a heart beat :)

The physical home button is a deal breaker to me, and who wants the back button on the right side? If the S3 had onscreen buttons it would be the best phone on the market. At least HTC kept the "back", "home", and "recent".

Upvote 0
Could be a good little while before the VZW Nexus gets official Jellybean because they are updating the LTE radio again.(A legitimate reason for a delay and a welcome change though; who doesn't like better reception/battery life/smoother 3G/4G transitions?)

If you just can't wait for Jelly Bean go root and install it today. My $0.02.

Upvote 0
Could be a good little while before the VZW Nexus gets official Jellybean because they are updating the LTE radio again.(A legitimate reason for a delay and a welcome change though; who doesn't like better reception/battery life/smoother 3G/4G transitions?)

If you just can't wait for Jelly Bean go root and install it today. My $0.02.
exactly. anyone who actually cares about jellybean or even knows what JB is, already has it on thier phone.
to the typical user, they dont know/care what JB is or when they get it....they probably wont even notice anything changed once it comes to their phone.

Upvote 0
a) does not void warranty unless the software is the cause of the malfunction
b) everything works so much better
c) yeah, why own a nexus if you're not going to modify this thing? I ran this thing 3 days stock and had horrible battery life.
First thing I do when I buy a computer, delete all the pre-installed crap that I'll never use. First smartphone I buy I had to jump through hoops and wait for an exploit to be able to delete the Verizon bloatware that took up half the space. Nexus, hey, here's the key to unlock it, do what you please, chyeah!

Upvote 0
this is true. I saw a VZW GNex in the wild, at work. I asked what kind of phone, and I was like, same here! Let me see. Traded phones. Played with his, completely stock, he said poor battery life, and all the complaints of the stock GNex.
He played with mine, then asked what kind of phone was it........because everything, soft keys to Google search is different. I texted him the link to here.

Upvote 0
Theeeen, why'd you buy a Nexus?

Trollololol.

I came from a rooted incredible running ICS MIUI. I got Nexus free and I am enjoying the stock ICS so far. My plan is to make sure they fix in call mute and radio issues before I root. If they don't fix it, I will get either SG3 or the next Nexus (at Verizon's expense). At that point, I will root.

I bought (free so I really didn't buy) Nexus to save unlimited data for a while. I see nothing lacking (except radio which rooting won't fix) for now.

Kinda funny how people assume you have to root to love a phone.

Upvote 0
I came from a rooted incredible running ICS MIUI. I got Nexus free and I am enjoying the stock ICS so far. My plan is to make sure they fix in call mute and radio issues before I root. If they don't fix it, I will get either SG3 or the next Nexus (at Verizon's expense). At that point, I will root.

I bought (free so I really didn't buy) Nexus to save unlimited data for a while. I see nothing lacking (except radio which rooting won't fix) for now.

Kinda funny how people assume you have to root to love a phone.

Well, you got it for free, so that's another story. If you paid for it, I'd keep harping on about that's the whole point of buying a nexus device

Upvote 0
Well, you got it for free, so that's another story. If you paid for it, I'd keep harping on about that's the whole point of buying a nexus device

Let's pretend I bought it. I still would wait until it was no longer a flawed devise before I root. Same thing I did with Incredible. Also, Nexus is a solid devise stock. I am not missing anything except battery life and JB by staying stock. Right now, I don't NEED either.

Nexus devises are better stock then their branded counterparts, so buying Nexus to keep stock would make sense.

Upvote 0
There are already completely AOSP stock ROMs for all variants. You don't have to root. Unlock your bootloader, tempo boot custom recovery, flash a purely stock AOSP build of JRO03H for your device, then relock your bootloader. You see, that's where the beauty of a Nexus comes into play. Just because the carrier won't release the updated binaries or the updated build doesn't mean you can't run the same thing the rest are running. And you don't have to be rooted, or even choose a ROM with root, or even a custom ROM. Just choose a purely stock AOSP ROM without root or custom mods, that only has the fixes in place that were necessary, like porting the binaries from 4.0.4 to work with 4.1.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones