1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bg1287, Nov 11, 2014.

1. bg1287

bg1287 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any issues with the S3 being kinda laggy while doing the simplest of tasks? Like sending a message on facebook messenger? What's up with stuff like that? Youtube and web browsing is generally pretty good, but why is it simple stuff it has such a hard time doing? Even trying to make a phone call is pretty difficult.

edit: sorry... put this in the wrong section! can someone put this in the Galaxy S3 section please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Wish granted :)

funkylogik likes this.
  3. androidlover9

androidlover9 Android Enthusiast

Might be an app that uses lots of ram? Try reducing the ram in your phone :p

If this is not the problem, then it's the phone itself, touchwiz is VERY laggy on every device, even on the note 4 and S5, nothing new really :/

4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Common misconception. Touchwiz on my s3 is fine. I never experience more than normal lag. It runs the same on cm as it does on stock. I disable a few system apps and its fine. Media brainwashing by samsung competitors exaggerates touchwiz lag.

5. mydian

mydian Android Expert

^This. From my experience with the S3 Touchwiz also gets better battery life, has better app compatibility, and less bugs than AOSP roms. I gave up on them because of all issues.

If you're getting serious lag problems I'd lean towards an app that's messed up and stealing cpu cycles or hogging up some ram.

6. androidlover9

androidlover9 Android Enthusiast

It shouldn't lag at all in my opinion, it has better specs that the iPhone 5 and it's not even getting Lollipop! Pathetic of Samsung IMO.

My phone's battery life drains like crazy....

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews