• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 Message function malfunctioning

Sphinxeh

Lurker
Jul 12, 2013
Hi,

Of recent the standard Message function available on the Samsung S3 has been playing up. It is ordering my messages in an odd fashion, with the dates and times all muddled up. When I click on a message thread, it would also order each message in a weird fashion.

I have googled and used the solution provided by most people which is set the date and time to automatic. Though this hasnt changed anything.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could perhaps help me out?

If not, what programs am I able to use to backup all my messages/apps/contacts and other information to my computer, then put back on if I factory reset my phone.
Ive tried Samsung Kies but i dont know how well it would work.

Please if theres a simple fix to just reorder them all properly that would be great.

Hi,

Of recent the standard Message function available on the Samsung S3 has been playing up. It is ordering my messages in an odd fashion, with the dates and times all muddled up. When I click on a message thread, it would also order each message in a weird fashion.

I have googled and used the solution provided by most people which is set the date and time to automatic. Though this hasnt changed anything.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could perhaps help me out?

If not, what programs am I able to use to backup all my messages/apps/contacts and other information to my computer, then put back on if I factory reset my phone.
Ive tried Samsung Kies but i dont know how well it would work.

Please if theres a simple fix to just reorder them all properly that would be great.

I know you set the date and time to "automatic" but is it correct? Someone else had this problem last week and it was the date and time causing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones