1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 message whistle error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thequeenscheese, Aug 15, 2012.

1. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Android Expert

Hi sorry if this has been posted before, im having an issue with the text message notifications or at least the whistle anyway, when i get a text sometimes its fine but recently at random i get half the whistle, a quarter, nothing at all, a few milliseconds of the whistle usually decreasing in length over consecutive messages??
    My friend has the galaxy note and is also suffering the same problems...
    any1 have an idea?

:mad::mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

3. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Android Expert

Cheers ive found 1 that sudgests its to do with message limits and long conversations, have to say when i deleted the conversations the other day it did re appear and worked fine, does it do the same with any notification like an mp3 etc?

4. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

Yeah i've changed my notification to a few different things and had the same issue with all of them.

5. bryanduke

bryanduke Lurker

I was having a similar problem. I did a little research and found out that the app ChatOn was causing the problem. I shut down that app and rebooted my phone and have had no further problems.

6. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

This was going to be my question to you.

Have you installed any other new apps SINCE you have noticed this happening? There might be a conflict in the MediaStream that tells the phone to play a notification sound that is causing yours to be cut off.

7. panhandleguy

panhandleguy Newbie

My phone started doing this today. I have no third party apps associated with the notification tone.
    Will be watching this thread with interest for a solution.

8. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

I noticed that with mine as well. I thought that maybe it does that because the proximity sensor sensed that someone was near so cut off the sound? Just speculation really

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews