1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

S3 mini will not charge properly

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jaysonx, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Jaysonx

Jaysonx Guest
    None
    I have a Samsung s3 mini that I bought about 4 months ago and it recently has not been charging properly. When I plug it in sometimes it will charge and sometimes it wont (most of the time it doesn't). And what Ive also noticed is sometimes when it does charge, the actual battery life goes lower. WTH?. Like for example, if I have put my phone on charge at 40% and 2 hours later I go to my charging phone, taking the plug out and it says 20%. Its really really frustrating considering my last phone had a charging problem too (blackberry 8520 blahh).

If anyone can help me please reply.

Kind regards, Jayson

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Jaysonx. Sorry to hear you are having charging problem. Here are some things you might check / try. If you happen to have another charger... it would be a great time to test it. You might also check your connection and make certain it's solid. You might try charging via a PC to see if there is that makes a difference. Turning the unit off during the charging process should eliminate the additional drain and decrease the charge time.

The problem is not likely the battery but it's always something to check. Make certain the contacts are clean and making a positive connection. I hope this helps in some fashion.

scary alien likes this.