• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Network Issues

TZBit

Lurker
Aug 23, 2013
So I recently got an S3 with Orange (or EE I guess) which works perfectly.

However I have one annoying problem, I have no service. However occasionally, a few times an hour, the phone will connect to 3G and have full bars.

If I try to make a call while I have these few precious minutes of my network working, the call will work for a few seconds, shortly after being my network being disconnected and a message on the dialer saying 'Out of Network Range', or something similar.

My SIM card has been activated and I have transferred my old number to the SIM, using the PAC code provided.

I tried my SIM in my old BlackBerry which was also locked to Orange, it worked flawlessly.

The IMEI on the phone is the same as the one on the box.

Perhaps its a fault in the antenna or something? Firmware? I'm not too familiar to Android, as its my first one, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones