• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 - not turning on etc.

jonny

Aug 22, 2009
Hi there,

Woke up this morning and noticed apps kept crashing oddly so I thought I'd restart the phone.... it just gets stuck and goes round and round on the 'Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-19300' and Orange splash screens... doing nothing. I tried to do a hard reset but that doesn't even get to that screen as that also keeps going round.

Help would be appreciated. I'm not on Jelly Bean yet as I've still not had the notification to update. So I think I'm on 4.0.4? I'm on EE (Orange).

Thanks.

The last thing to try that I know of, and I am not sure about this as I am rooted, is to go into recovery to do a reset.
Hold down the home button and the volume up button. While holding those down, push and hold the power button until a screen comes on, then let go.
That should be your stock recovery screen. There may be an option to reset, or clear data, or something like that there.

Before you do that, I would need confirmation from others that this will help as I am not 100% sure o.k.? But its worth a shot before taking it back to the shop. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones