1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 Photo Storage Location - Is it Changeable?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brackct, Aug 28, 2012.

1. brackct

brackct Lurker

Galaxy S3 32MB version.

I have searched the forum and havent found the answer to the following.

1. Is it possible to specify where photos received via email and txt msgs are manually stored when you choose to save them? The default seems to be the Download folder on my SD card. I do not want to waste space on Dropbox by syncing unnecessary files from that folder. Is there a way to change the storage folder for received photos that I save on the SD Card so I can only store photos there?

2. A related question is whether I can specify the storage location for photo files that I take with the phone's camera. Being able to change it to what it was called on my Droid Incredible should making syncing with my current Dropbox folder very easy.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

I dont think you can change it on the default app. You would have to install a different text, email and camera app from googleplay that has that customization ability.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Camera asked me if I want to store photos on SD the moment I opened the camera app.

mikejeanf likes this.
  4. GoldenDiamond

GoldenDiamond Well-Known Member

I found that my camera only seems to store single shots on the SD card. When I go into burst mode, it all goes back onto internal memory.

5. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Realize that the S3 sometimes refers to the INTERNAL memory as "SD" as well. IF you look into the filesystems on the phone (with something like Astro), you will see that the internal filesystem shows /mnt/sdcard -- and when you check those files after mounting the phone to a PC, you will see that those show on the "phone" filesystem, not the external SD card.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews